Answer the following questions:
1) Who was Jules Verne?
2) Mention three of his works?
“Around the world in 80 days” “Journey to the centre of the earth”
“20000 leagues in the sea” “Fire weeks in a Balloon”
“From the Earth to the moon”
3) When did he write "Around the world in 80 days"?
4) Why did he take the news paper with him?
To show him the route.
5) What happened in the bank of Eng?
55000 pounds disappeared.
6) How much was the bet?
7) How much was the reward?
How much money did fogg take with him?
9) Who was Fogg?
He was rich &respected man.
10) When did he begin the journey?
On wed.,2nd Oct ., 1872.
11) Who was Passepartout?
A young French man with curly brown hair& a moustache. He was Fogg’s valet.
12) What did Passepartout do in France?
He worked as a singer, a fire fighter, a teacher of gymnastics and a circus acrobat.
13) Why did Fix want to catch the bank robber?
To have the reward and the Fame.
14) Why did Fix suspect Fogg?
Because he looked like the police description of the robber.
Because the bet was a clever way to escape from London.
15) Why did fix want to delay fogg?
16) Why did Passepartout enter the temple?
Because it was beautiful& it had a golden roof.
17) Why was fogg happy when he reached Bombay?
18) Why did the wild people want to burn Aouda?
Because her husband died (the old prince).
19) How did passepartout save Aouda?
20) Why did the police arrest fogg and passepartout in Calcutta?
21) Why was fogg punished to be in prison for a month?